Thursday, June 23, 2011

Interning.

Yesterday I played intern (my boss calls me 'assistant' because she feels like 'intern' is derogatory) and had a rockstar day. We conquered everything on the to-do list. And I didn't even have my morning coffee! Here's a day in the life of an intern assistant for an event planner/wedding consultant:

10:45 - 11:45: Meet with a bride for upcoming July wedding
11:45 - 12:15: Show ballroom to potential clients
12:15 - 12:30: Check e-mails
12:30 - 1:00: Sam's Club - boss renews membership; I call florists for price checks
1:00 - 1:30: Local party rental store: confirm chairs/linens for June 30th wedding
1:30 - 2:10: Local card stock company: pick out A7s & A8s for invitations
2:10 - 2:40: Meet client at Staples to review design on invitation before printing
2:40 - 3:45: Meet with bride for August wedding

Back at the office. I leave to grab lunch/dinner and go work 5-9 at the restaurant as a sever; boss stays at the office and works until 8.

Next week I'll bring my camera so I can show you guys some flower arrangements we're putting together for the June 30th wedding. The June 30th wedding is a "day-of" coordination, so flowers will be done June 29th and the set up for chairs/linens/centerpieces/etc. will be done on June 30th.

In between now and then, I'm going on a picnic with my boyfriend (finally!) and celebrating my 22nd birthday Monday. I'll be sure to do a post on each.

See you then!

1 comment: